Adbrite Top

Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Making a Stockpile List
Part 5A Ashley's Breakfast & Canned Goods List



Read the rest of this series:




Here is my stockpile list for the Breakfast and Canned Goods category, you may see some things missing that you might use, like we only eat refrigerated pickles so no pickles on my list or raisins. Stock up prices are done from memory, for groceries I try to save 50 to 60% on most items, but there are a few things here I stockpile on a regular basis, like we try not to buy cereal for more than $1 a box. I have included my preferred brands on the list, but of course there are plenty of other brands or flavors we would eat for the right price. Pop tarts we only buy when they are super cheap after coupons so I don't know retail price for these. I have been pretty lucky to be able to get frozen or canned vegetables for free on a regular basis and haven't paid for these in about a year. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.

When to stock these items
Breakfast items like cold cereal and cereal bars seem to have the best deals during back to school sales while hot cereal items like Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal seem to be on sale in January most often. Canned vegetables and milk usually hit stock up prices around the winter holidays so that is a good time to keep an eye out.


No comments:

Post a Comment